BRUTUS, N.Y. – New York state police arrested a Cayuga County woman they say was drunkenly driving the wrong way down the Thruway in the town of Brutus on Thursday.
Troopers had a vehicle stopped on the shoulder of the Thruway when they say a car, driven by 44-year-old Hailey E. Hill, passed them too closely, failing to move into the other lane around the traffic stop.
The troopers went to catch up with Hill when they realized she had turned around and was now driving the wrong way down the highway toward oncoming traffic.
When Hill was finally pulled over, police say she was intoxicated and had an open alcohol container in the car.
Hill was charged with felony DWI due to a previous alcohol-related driving conviction. She failed to provide a breath sample and was also charged with DWI refusal.
She was arraigned in the Town of Brutus Court and remanded to the Cayuga County Jail in lieu of $2,000 bail or $4,000 bond.
- Woman charged with felony DWI after driving wrong way down Thruway
- Utica woman charged with DWI after crashing car on Thruway
- One charged with DWI in Sunday Thruway accident
- DWI charge for woman driving wrong way on Utica arterial, crashing into oncoming car
- Oneonta woman facing felony charge for allegedly driving stolen car
- Westmoreland man found passed out behind wheel, charged with felony DWI
- Cherry Valley woman charged with DWI with child in car
- Ilion woman charged with DWI following 1-car crash
- 78-year-old New Hartford woman charged with DWI in crash
- Man accused of driving 108 mph on Thruway while intoxicated