UTICA, N.Y. -- A Utica woman has been charged with aggravated harassment after New Hartford police say she posted a threat to the GPO Federal Credit Union on social media.
GPO management contacted police after being tagged in a Facebook post where a threat was made to "blow up" the branch during the day on Thursday.
The threat was posted Thursday by a person who used an alias as a Facebook account name.
The branches were put on alert, and then main office was locked down.
Police tracked down the account holder, and arrested 21-year-old Jazmiere Pemberton of Utica with aggravated harassment.
More charges could be pending.
- Woman charged with threatening to 'blow up' GPO in New Hartford
- CMN 2018 Thanks GPO Federal Credit Union
- Utica police investigating robbery at GPO Federal Credit Union
- Woman killed in New Hartford house fire
- Fireworks safety: Don't blow it!
- Utica Police seek identity of man in connection to GPO robbery
- Whitesboro man arrested in connection to GPO Federal Credit Union robbery
- New Hartford woman was among thousands stranded at Atlanta airport
- New Hartford woman injured in Higby Road crash
- New Hartford woman accused of stealing from Kirkland Arts Center