UTICA, N.Y. -- A Utica woman was charged with animal cruelty in connection to the cat that was thrown from a car window at the Stevens Swan Humane Society.
On April 17, the CNY SPCA acting on a tip call to the humane society arrested 25-year-old Rebecca Sanders of Utica.
Sanders was charged with misdemeanor abandonment of an animal, and released on an appearance ticket.
She's expected back at the town of Deerfield court on May 14.
The SPCA and the humane society are thanking those who came forward in providing information on this case.
- Woman charged with throwing cat out car window in Utica
- Cat tossed from car window in Utica parking lot has new home
- Surveillance video shows cat thrown from car window in Stevens-Swan parking lot
- Clinton animal shelter searching for person who threw cats out of car window
- SSHS: Driver tossed cat out car window in shelter parking lot
- Herkimer woman charged after toddler falls from second-story window
- Woman, cat escape Webb car fire uninjured on Route 28
- Cats found abandoned in Utica apartment
- Republican candidate throws hat in ring for Utica mayoral race
- DWI charge for woman driving wrong way on Utica arterial, crashing into oncoming car