RICHFIELD SPRINGS, N.Y.- Earlier today New York State troopers responded to a report of a 70-year-old woman who had collapsed in the lobby of the Richfield Springs Post Office on Main Street. She was unresponsive when the trooper arrived and a citizen was already performing CPR.
A New York State Police Lieutenant and the trooper attached a division issued Automated External Defibrillator (AED) and administered two shocks. When Richfield Springs EMS arrived, they took over the woman’s care and transported her to Basset Hospital in Cooperstown.
The woman regained consciousness at the hospital and is expected to recover.
- Woman expected to survive after troopers and citizen assist her while she suffered cardiac arrest
- Troopers: Two dogs survive being tossed from moving vehicle
- DAR Good Citizens Awards
- Whitesboro woman awarded for outstanding contributions as a senior citizen
- Citizen's Police Academy graduates 16
- Man arrested after hitting two New York State Troopers
- Troopers arrest 3 after wrong-way driver chase
- Melania Trump's parents are now US citizens
- Utica welcomes 22 new American citizens
- Winter storm expected Friday...