ROME – A woman is facing a list of charges, including Leandra’s Law, after she was allegedly found passed out behind the wheel of her vehicle with two children in the back seat, according to the Rome Police Department.
Brittany Bean, 28, is charged with DUI (drugs), two counts of aggravated DUI (Leandra’s Law), third-degree aggravated unlicensed operation and two counts of endangering the welfare of a child.
Police say around 3:25 a.m. Sunday, officers responded to the intersection of West Willet Street and Lyons Avenue for a report of a woman passed out at the wheel of a vehicle.
A responding officer found Bean passed out behind the wheel of her Nissan Altima with her nine-year-old son and three-year-old daughter in the back seat, according to police.
Bean was processed at the Rome Police Department and taken to the Oneida County Jail, where she was held for arraignment.
- Woman found passed out in car with 2 kids facing Leandra's Law charge
- McDonald's drive-thru call leads to Leandra's Law charge for Rome woman
- Clayville man charged with Leandra's Law DWI after crashing truck into house
- Lee Center man charged under Leandra's Law following crash with child
- Oneonta woman facing felony charge for allegedly driving stolen car
- Morrisville woman facing felony charges for alleged welfare fraud
- South New Berlin woman facing animal abuse charges
- Utica man faces rape charges
- Cherry Valley woman charged with DWI with child in car
- Woman charged with throwing cat out car window in Utica