NEW HARTFORD - One woman is dead after a house fire Saturday morning.
Oneida County 911 says at 8:28 a.m. firefighters were called to 48 Pearl Street for reports of a structure fire. Once they arrived they found smoke pouring out of a two-story home.
"When we first arrived to the building we notice smoke pouring out from the eves of the building," said Thomas Bolanowski, New Hartford Fire Chief. "It's about a two story stucture with old lath and plaster walls."
When firefighters entered the house they found a woman deceased in the back. The fire was located on the first floor of the home, but damage was spread throughout, according to fire officials.
"We entered through the back where she was reported to be we found said resident, pulled her out, then continued to fight the fire," said Bolanowski.
Officals said, the victim of the fire was 98 year-old, New Hartford resident Rye A. King.
- Woman killed in New Hartford house fire
- Police: Woman killed in New Hartford house fire
- House Fire in New Hartford
- New Hartford woman killed in Arbor Drive fire identified
- House Fire in New Hartford Under Investigation
- Chenango County woman killed in house fire
- UPDATE: Police ID New Hartford man killed in motorcycle crash
- New Hartford woman was among thousands stranded at Atlanta airport
- New Hartford woman injured in Higby Road crash
- New Hartford woman accused of stealing from Kirkland Arts Center