COOPERSTOWN, N.Y. – An Otsego County woman accused of stealing nearly $33,000 from an elderly couple has pleaded guilty to fourth-degree grand larceny.
The Otsego County Sheriff’s Office says Stephanie Shulgay worked as the couple’s home health aide, and used their credit and debit cards to pay bills for herself and her elderly uncle between July 2017 and October 2018. She was arrested in November of 2018.
District Attorney John Muehl says Shulgay paid the $32,921.37 in restitution and was sentenced to 12 weeks in jail and five years of probation.
- Woman pleads guilty to stealing nearly $33K from elderly couple in Otsego County
- Otsego County health aide accused of stealing $33k from elderly couple
- Healthcare aide accused of stealing $11,000 from elderly couple
- Corporation that operated Focus Otsego pleads guilty in neglect case
- Rome woman accused of stealing $12K from elderly man
- Rome woman sentenced for stealing from elderly man
- Otsego County 2018 goals
- Conditions in Otsego County
- Otsego County Sheriff's race
- Orange County Man arrested for scamming elderly couple in Baldwinsville