PLEASANT VALLEY, N.Y. (AP) - State police say a 67-year-old woman has been killed by two coonhounds in her upstate New York home.
Troopers say Arlene Renna's husband called 911 when he got home and found her unconscious on the living room floor of their home on Barkit Kennel Road in Pleasant Valley Saturday afternoon. Renna died at the scene from her injuries.
Investigators determined the wounds and circumstances were consistent with a dog attack. Two pet coonhounds were taken from the home and placed in the custody of the Dutchess County humane society, with their fate to be determined by a court judge.
No one else was home at the time of the attack and no foul play was suspected.
(Copyright 2019 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
- POLICE: Woman killed by two pet coonhounds
- UPDATE: Police identify Lowville woman killed in Lewis County crash
- Woman struck, killed by police car answering call
- Police: Woman killed in New Hartford house fire
- Woman killed in New Hartford house fire
- Chenango County woman killed in house fire
- Mug Club: 4 Pets Sake
- UPDATE: Police ID Oriskany Falls woman killed in accident with tractor trailer
- A woman found dead in Ohio was killed by her own Great Danes, police say
- Utica woman charged with animal cruelty after SPCA finds pets living in unsanitary conditions