ITHACA, N.Y. (AP) - The Cornell University College of Engineering says it now enrolls equal numbers of undergraduate women and men.
The college says it reached the milestone with the arrival of the Class of 2022 amid increased outreach. Cornell Engineering now has 1,556 female undergraduates and 1,567 male undergraduates.
Women actually outnumber men in the incoming class, 412 to 366.
Nationwide, women represent less than a quarter of undergraduate engineering majors.
- Women mark enrollment milestone at Cornell Engineering
- Cornell student charged with hate crime in attack
- Students from storm-ravaged Puerto Rico coming to Cornell
- Legion joined by Hall of Famer Lee Smith to mark milestone
- Newstalk: Engine 11
- Milestone achieved in downtown Utica Hospital process
- The 'Young Scholars Liberty Partnerships Program' reaches 25 year milestone
- Danfoss hits milestone; chip fab plant still sought
- Enrollment in health coverage through NY marketplace is up
- Record number enrolled through NY health plan marketplace