ROME, N.Y. – A women’s veteran clinic has been opened at the Donald Mitchel VA Medical Outpatient Clinic in Rome.
An open house was held Monday so people could tour the facility and find out what healthcare services are available.
More than 400 women veterans who receive care in Rome will benefit from services provided at the clinic.
“It's different. Men and women are different, and I think the VA has done a very good job in regards to the care we provide for our male veterans and now we're trying to push forward and add the added benefit for our female veterans to a better degree,” said Dr. William Jordensen, clinic director.
The clinic is located at 125 Brookley Road in Rome.
- Women's veteran clinic opens in Rome
- NEWSTALK: Rome Vietnam Veterans Memorial
- Ceremony at Veterans Memorial Park in Rome
- Walmart donates to Rome's Vietnam Veterans Memorial
- Abraham House location in Rome now open
- Albany man found guilty in crash that killed Rome veteran
- $21.9M project on Veterans Memorial Parkway in Rome now complete
- Syracuse Vet Center offering services to veterans in Rome
- 5 women facing charges in Utica, Rome welfare fraud investigations
- Rome cops take on Rome coaches