Jacksonville, FL - Former Proctor and Utica College football standout is getting set to play for a National Arena League (NAL) championship as his Jacksonville Sharks will face the Carolina Cobras on Saturday at 7 p.m. in Jacksonville.
Woodman will come into the game fresh off of winning the league's 2019 Defensive Rookie of the Year award. It is his second year playing professional arena football, but his first in the NAL with the Sharks.
His team is currently on a 14-game winning streak and by all accounts the favorite in the title contest.
NEWSChannel 2 Sports caught up with the former Raider and Pioneer to discuss his excitement about playing for a championship, and to get his take on his journey from Utica to Jacksonville to far.
To hear what Woodman had to say, click on the videos above.
For more information on how Woodman and the Sharks got to this point, refer to our previous story here.
- Woodman excited to play for pro football championship as journey from Utica reaches new height
- Utica native Nick Woodman to play in NAL championship game
- Utica bodybuilder earns pro status
- NightHawks excited to bring new era of semi-pro football to the Mohawk Valley
- Pro soccer team Utica City FC to play at the Adirondack Bank Center
- Utica Zoo launches new campaign: 'The Excitement Is Building'
- DiPietro excited to begin professional hockey career in Utica
- NORAD tracking Santa's Christmas journey
- Comets excited for upcoming season
- Lee Smith's journey from playing American Legion Castor, Louisiana to the Hall of Fame in Cooperstown