WESTERNVILLE- Woods Valley opened its doors for the first time this season historically early.
"Actually this is our earliest start since 1995. So yeah early start, we try and open up the weekend after thanksgiving. Seeing the excitement of people who are skiers at their core and cant wait to get back on the snow and to be able to open up in November is a treat for them." Said owner Tim Woods.
Many skiers have waited several months for opening day to arrive and are just thrilled that it got here just a little bit quicker.
On opening day, skiers were boarding the ski lifts as soon as they were turned on.
“I went yesterday opening day, I got first chair up but hey you've got to be devoted anyway." said Will Bartell
“This is what I've waited for 7 months, Seven months out of the year in the off season. This is where I have the most fun of the day. I come here after school any time of the day and just have fun. The best part about it is that you can just be here and do something with your friends. The best part is that you be with them not necessarily what you do on the hill." Said skier Michael Futia
The early start to our snow season is what made it possible to open early. The lodge was able to start making snow much earlier than anticipated allowing skiers and snowboarders to get an early start to the season.
Woods Valley has ski slopes for everyone no matter their skill level.
The lodge will be closed during the weekdays and reopen Friday’s through Sundays on the weekends.
- Woods Valley opens early
- Cold temps mean early opening day at Woods Valley
- Golf season starts early at Hidden Valley
- Captain George Wood Memorial 5K
- Let it snow: Snow-making is in full effect at Woods Valley Ski Area
- Fresh snowfall at Woods Valley helps people get into the 'winter spirit'
- Ricky Woods case adjourned for two weeks
- Murder retrial begins for Ricky Woods Jr.
- Sara Anne Wood: 25 years later
- Deputies pull woman from woods in Floyd