WOODSTOCK, N.Y. -- Organizers of Woodstock 50, along with Vernon Downs owner Jeff Gural, invited the community of Vernon to embrace the festival's spirit of 'peace, love and music,' by joining them at an open house previewing the celebration.
The open house will pose as a meet-and-greet between residents, Vernon Downs staffers, and the Woodstock representatives.
Gural will be one of several speakers at the formal presentation of the festival's comprehensive plan to the town of Vernon on Tuesday night at 7 p.m. at the town hall, which is open to the public.
“The original Woodstock prevailed against all odds because of the determination of the founders and we hope that, with the help of the people of Vernon, history can repeat itself and turn Woodstock 50 into a great American comeback story,” said Greg Peck, co-owner of Woodstock 50. “We purchased the rights from the founders to put on Woodstock 50 because of our belief in what the festival stands for. We have put enormous care and thought into our security, safety, traffic and medical plan and are eager to show the officials and residents of Vernon that this Festival will be not only memorable and historic, but peaceful and safe for everyone involved.”
Woodstock 50 will hold the open house at Vernon Downs at 6:30 p.m. on Monday, and from 7 a.m. to 1 p.m. on Tuesday.
Organizers say if the permit is secured, they foresee hiring locals to help run the show, including ticketing, security, logistics, transportation, set up, break down, and even clean up.
Refreshments will be provided at the open house.
- Woodstock 50 invites Vernon to embrace spirit of 'peace and love,' vows to hire locals
- Woodstock 50 not giving up on Vernon
- Vernon Planning Board denies Woodstock 50 appeal
- Woodstock 50 to appeal town of Vernon's denied permit
- Vernon Downs in the running for Woodstock 50 venue
- Griffo weighs in on Vernon Downs-Woodstock 50 filing
- Woodstock 50 submits another application with town of Vernon
- Town of Vernon denies Woodstock 50's third application
- UPDATE: Town of Vernon denies permit to hold Woodstock 50 at Vernon Downs
- Vernon Downs officials try to answer residents concerns about Woodstock