VERNON, N.Y. - After the Vernon Codes Enforcement Office denied plans for Woodstock 50 at Vernon Downs twice, Woodstock 50 organizers will go before the town of Vernon Planning Board to appeal that denial.
Woodstock 50 will present the application again and answer questions from the planning board.
According to the town's attorney, reasons the permit was denied was because they needed to apply for the permit 120 days prior to the event, which would have been April; they applied in June. He also says the application was "bare bones."
According to Woodstock organizers, there are other reasons they believe the proposal was denied. Gregory Peck with Woodstock 50 says they have given the codes department everything they need in this application.
"The core of the plan hasn't change, I just think they didn't have enough time to really review everything and so we've added some supplemental information to our application so that its 100 percent complete," Peck said "We've actually sat down with them and gone over the plans. It's an administrative permit and so what we need to do is just meet town code which we're doing."
Peck says in terms of residents concerns, most of those have been addressed at the Woodstock 50 open houses. He believes for the most part, they have gained a lot of community support by taking the time to explain their plans thoroughly and answer question.
The town could make a decision soon, and if they do decide to approve this application for a permit, Woodstock 50 will have a lot of work to do because the thee day festival would be August 16, 17, and 18. With dozens of bands lined up but no venue, permits, or tickets sold, there is a sense of urgency.
Oneida County Executive Anthony Picente sent a letter to the Vernon Planning Board to reiterate his stance on this event.
- Woodstock 50 not giving up on Vernon
- Vernon Planning Board denies Woodstock 50 appeal
- Vernon Downs in the running for Woodstock 50 venue
- Woodstock 50 to appeal town of Vernon's denied permit
- Town of Vernon denies Woodstock 50's third application
- Griffo weighs in on Vernon Downs-Woodstock 50 filing
- Woodstock 50 submits another application with town of Vernon
- UPDATE: Town of Vernon denies permit to hold Woodstock 50 at Vernon Downs
- Vernon Downs officials try to answer residents concerns about Woodstock
- DOH: Mass gathering permit not required if Woodstock 50 comes to Vernon Downs