VERNON, N.Y. -- Woodstock 50 has submitted yet another application with the town of Vernon to hold their 50th anniversary music festival there.
Woodstock 50's appeal was rejected by the Vernon Town Planning Board, but organizers are not throwing in the towel.
It's now less than a month before the planned August 16 event, and no venue has been finalized.
WKTV has calls out to the town attorney to confirm a new application has been submitted.
“The only thing I know about the substance of the application is that it was accompanied by different maps of what had been submitted on July 11 and July 12. I haven’t seen it with my own eyes yet, and I haven't had a chance to read the application yet. But I will by the end of the day today, and meet with the codes people to see the response we should make,” said Vincent Rossi, the town’s attorney.
Rossi says after he meets with codes for the town of Vernon and has questions answered by the health department, they will come up with an response in the coming days.
Oneida County Sheriff Rob Maciol released a statement on Woodstock 50 ‘s third attempt to obtain a permit, saying:
“I’m not surprised that Woodstock50 has re-applied for a third time in yet another attempt to hold this event in Vernon. The very serious public safety concerns I had yesterday are still the same ones I have today, nothing has changed that would make me feel otherwise. With only 29 days until the event, there is no practical or logistical possibility that this event could occur without significant risk to public safety."