VERNON, N.Y. -- Woodstock 50 has submitted yet another application with the town of Vernon to hold their 50th anniversary music festival there.
Woodstock 50's appeal was rejected by the Vernon Town Planning Board, but organizers are not throwing in the towel.
It's now less than a month before the planned August 16 event, and no venue has been finalized.
WKTV has calls out to the town attorney to confirm a new application has been submitted.
“The only thing I know about the substance of the application is that it was accompanied by different maps of what had been submitted on July 11 and July 12. I haven’t seen it with my own eyes yet, and I haven't had a chance to read the application yet. But I will by the end of the day today, and meet with the codes people to see the response we should make,” said Vincent Rossi, the town’s attorney.
Rossi says after he meets with codes for the town of Vernon and has questions answered by the health department, they will come up with an response in the coming days.
Oneida County Sheriff Rob Maciol released a statement on Woodstock 50 ‘s third attempt to obtain a permit, saying:
“I’m not surprised that Woodstock50 has re-applied for a third time in yet another attempt to hold this event in Vernon. The very serious public safety concerns I had yesterday are still the same ones I have today, nothing has changed that would make me feel otherwise. With only 29 days until the event, there is no practical or logistical possibility that this event could occur without significant risk to public safety."
- Woodstock 50 submits another application with town of Vernon
- Town of Vernon denies Woodstock 50's third application
- Woodstock 50 to appeal town of Vernon's denied permit
- Woodstock 50 not giving up on Vernon
- Vernon Planning Board denies Woodstock 50 appeal
- UPDATE: Town of Vernon denies permit to hold Woodstock 50 at Vernon Downs
- Vernon Downs in the running for Woodstock 50 venue
- Griffo weighs in on Vernon Downs-Woodstock 50 filing
- Woodstock 50 files appeal, reapplication, with town
- Officials call Woodstock a 'recipe for disaster' at Vernon town board meeting