The first Word of Life member to be sentenced in the death of her half-brother and assault of her other brother is filing an appeal.
Sarah Ferguson was sentenced in 2016 after being convicted of manslaughter, gang assault and assault.
At the time, her attorney said her brothers were abusing her children, and her attorney said she would file an appeal.
The Appellate Court in Rochester will hear the case September 4.
- Word of Life Church member convicted in death of half-brother filing appeal
- Man convicted in Will Smith death files appeal
- Convicted killer from Utica denied appeal
- Woodstock 50 files appeal, reapplication, with town
- Word of Life Church sold years after deadly beatings in Chadwicks
- Upstate NY author writes book on Word of Life Church case
- Book based on 2015 Word of Life Church beatings is released
- Appeals court overturns doctor's conviction in wife's murder
- Sentencing delayed for Yorkville man convicted of killing brother
- Yorkville man convicted of killing brother handed decades behind bars