The YWCA Mohawk Valley begins its Purple Ribbon Campaign in October, for Domestic Violence Awareness Month in Oneida County, but the deadline for businesses and community organizations to get involved in the purple ribbon distribution is Monday, September 10th.
This year, local businesses and organizations have two ways to show their support for domestic violence awareness. The first, is the purple ribbon that customers can buy for a suggested donation of $1 each at participating locations. The ribbons are then displayed within the business throughout the month of October.
New this year businesses, organizations and individuals can display a yard sign to show their support for a donation of $200.
To get a yard sign, or to reserve ribbons for your businesses, call 315.732.5259 ext 238 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Again, that deadline for signing up is Monday, Sept. 10th.
- YWCA MV Purple Ribbon Campaign: How you can get involved
- Wear Purple #DressForSTEM Today
- YWCA MV holding Sexual Assault Awareness, Child Abuse Prevention Month events
- DiamondDawgs host Purple in the Park night
- Comets recognized as Purple Heart hockey club
- MV Resource Center for Refugees receives $1.75M for new location
- WWII hero's lost Purple Heart returned to his family
- Brookfield Renewable invests $10K in Community Foundation for Lead-Free MV
- MV Crime Stoppers tip leads to arrest of woman wanted on drug charge
- Former head of MV Crime Stoppers facing charge in Montgomery Co. sheriff's race