UTICA – The Yorkville man who is accused of stabbing his brother to death last month appeared in Oneida County Court on Monday where he pleaded not guilty to the crime.
John Ferguson, 38, was indicted by an Oneida County grand jury last week on charges of second-degree murder and third-degree criminal possession of a weapon. He was arraigned on those charges in court on Monday.
In the early morning hours of July 17, Yorkville police were called to 10 Jones Place by Ferguson’s mother when she heard her two sons arguing. Police say John Ferguson and his brother, 42-year-old Daryl Ferguson, got into an argument that led to John stabbing Daryl to death.
When police arrived, they found John on the porch and Daryl dead from multiple stab wounds inside the home. The arrest narrative states that Daryl was stabbed in the stomach, back and chest with a kitchen knife.
Ferguson’s case has been adjourned until Sept. 10 while they await the final autopsy and toxicology reports. Ferguson has been offered a plea deal by the Oneida County District Attorney’s Office, and he will have to make a decision on that plea deal Sept. 10. If he turns down the deal, the case will head to trial.
- Yorkville man accused of stabbing brother to death pleads not guilty
- Yorkville man accused of stabbing his brother to death
- Police ID Yorkville man accused of stabbing brother to death
- Yorkville man accused of stabbing brother to death rejects plea offer
- Yorkville man accused of stabbing brother to death indicted by grand jury
- Trial date set for Yorkville man accused of killing his brother
- Yorkville Fire Memorial
- Yorkville murder: new information
- Trial begins for Yorkville man accused of 2015 murder
- Laurens man accused of killing parents pleads not guilty