Yorkville murder suspect John Ferguson waived his felony hearing in Yorkville Village Court Friday morning, sending his case straight to grand jury for possible indictment, or formal charge.
Ferguson is accused of stabbing his brother, 42-year-old Daryl Ferguson, to death early Tuesday morning in the Yorkville home they shared with their mother. He's charged with second-degree murder.
Although Ferguson was only in court for a few minutes, new details about the murder were revealed. There is body camera video, a recorded 911 call and a statement from the men's mother, who heard them arguing and called 911 around 3:50 a.m.
According to the arrest narrative in the case, Daryl Ferguson was stabbed in the stomach, back and chest with a kitchen knife, and he was pronounced dead at 4:15 a.m. Tuesday.
The victim and defendant's family members were in court Friday for the brief proceeding. The grand jury now has 45 days to hear the case and issue a decision. For now, John Ferguson remains in the Oneida County Jail.
- Yorkville murder: new information
- Rewards offered for information about stolen firearms in Verona, Yorkville
- Yorkville Fire Memorial
- Trial begins for Yorkville man accused of 2015 murder
- Jury deliberations underway in Yorkville murder trial of John Ferguson
- Yorkville fire victim on life support
- Funeral arrangements announced for Yorkville fire victims
- Yorkville garage destroyed after catching fire
- Mother shares events leading up to son's death in Yorkville murder trial