ONEONTA, N.Y. – A SUNY Oneonta student will soon take a seat on the Otsego County board of representatives as the youngest board member ever, according to the university.
Clark Oliver, 21, is a political science major, and has live in Oneonta his entire life.
“I love my community and want to make it a better place,” he said. “It is also about time that our governmental bodies start looking more like the people they represent. Young people deserve a seat at the table. Our voices and our perspectives matter. I cannot wait to represent my neighborhood on the County Board.”
Oliver will represent District 11 come January, after graduating SUNY Oneonta in December.
The race for the board seat was not contested.
- Youngest member of Otsego County board will start term in January
- Otsego County 2018 goals
- Conditions in Otsego County
- Otsego County Sheriff's race
- Otsego Board moves forward with creating county manager position
- Otsego County Board of Elections prepares for early voting
- Otsego County seeking governmental improvements
- Mug Club: Otsego County Fair
- Otsego County dog seizure update
- German Flatts board member resigns, new member appointed