Believe 271, the organization whose mission is to support local first responders diagnosed with cancer and other life-threatening illnesses, and Upstate Thread are asking the community to come together in support of a local firefighter and paramedic who is in the midst of another battle with cancer.
Anthony “Pags” Pagliaro of Schuyler has been diagnosed with stage 3 colon cancer, which has spread throughout his body. Pagliaro, a father of three, works as a paramedic with Kunkel Ambulance, and he’s also a member of the Schuyler Volunteer Fire Company and Schuyler Ambulance, where he serves as the director of operations.
Believe 271 and Upstate Thread both announced on their Facebook pages Tuesday that shirts are being sold through Upstate Thread in Pagliaro’s honor, and all of the proceeds will be donated to Pagliaro and his family. There are short-sleeved and long-sleeved T-shirts available, as well as hooded sweatshirts.
“Anthony has done nothing but serve others and put others first,” the identical posts read. “He has mentored countless people and never hesitates to help. As a community, it is time we come together to put him first.”
The front of the shirts being sold have the EMS Star of Life with Pagliaro’s Kunkel medic number, 113, and a Maltese cross with Pagliaro’s Schuyler unit number, 25. The back of the shirts feature a quote that has been the slogan used throughout Pagliaro’s battle with cancer: “Your Fight is Our Fight.”
According to the two organizations, the owners of Upstate Thread are local firefighters/paramedics who were mentored by Pagliaro.
“We are donating the proceeds from this sale to Anthony, Nicole and their family to help them with whatever it may be,” the two organizations said. “We look forward to seeing everyone together for the Pagliaro [family] during this difficult time.”
To purchase one of the shirts to benefit the Pagliaro family, click here.
- 'Your Fight is Our Fight': Shirts being sold for local firefighter, paramedic fighting cancer
- Utica firefighters raise funds for local woman fighting breast cancer
- Community comes together to help a local woman fighting Cancer
- MMA fighting comes to Utica for UFC Fight Night
- Utica Welcomes UFC Fight Night
- New drug to fight HIV
- Local office using medical marijuana to fight opioid addiction
- The fight to protect net neutrality
- Fight looms over census and citizenship
- Fighting over the Creekside Mobile Home Park