The Oneida County Youth Bureau is offering a free basketball clinic this Sunday at Utica College for kids aged 8 to 17.
This is the fourth year the group is hosting the event, which not only teaches skills, but gives kids an idea of how competitive sports work at the college level.
“I believe that they're going to have under their belt the opportunity to be around a mentor and see a college athlete, and be able to ask questions if they have them. Maybe ask questions about what major they're in, or what are they studying, where did they come from. I think those are important things for kids to be able to know,” said Kevin Green, director of the Oneida County Youth Bureau.
The clinic will take place from 2 – 4 p.m. at the Todd and Jen Hutton Sports and Recreation Center. Registration begins at 1:30 p.m.
Those interested can also pre-register by calling 315-798-5027, or visiting: www.ocgov.net/youth.
- Youth group offers free basketball clinic at Utica College
- Utica College hosts youth basketball clinic
- Utica College men's basketball team to host co-ed youth clinic on Saturday
- Utica Blue Sox, Oneida Co. Youth Bureau to host free baseball clinic Friday
- Utica College offers three new nursing programs
- Local basketball standout commits to Utica College
- South Utica methadone clinic scrapped
- Utica College commencement ceremony
- New Utica store offers free classroom supplies for local teachers
- Utica Zoo offers free admission following water main break