ILION, N.Y. -- Ilion police say a standoff has ended without injuries on Tuesday evening.
State police assisted Ilion police with a barricaded subject on West Clark Street.
They say that at least on other person was in the residence with the subject, but would not elaborate on whether there were other people in the home.
At one point shortly before 5 p.m., the subject told police that until the media backed cameras away from the scene, he or she would not surrender to authorities.
The standoff was reported to our newsroom sometime after 3 p.m. Tuesday.
Police in Herkimer did say at one point they were investigating a shots fired report.
The investigation is ongoing, and officials expect to update WKTV with the latest information as soon as it becomes available.
- Police: Standoff ends without injuries in Ilion, investigation ongoing
- Ilion standoff ends peacefully
- Standoff in Utica ends peacefully
- Case against man accused in Ilion shooting, standoff adjourned
- Ilion man accused in shooting, standoff incident appears in court
- Man arrested following Ilion standoff on Spinnerville Gulf Road
- Cuomo, mayor promising long-term fix to ongoing Ilion water issues
- 27-year-old Ilion man facing charges after 3 1/2-hour standoff with police
- Cause of Ilion house fire under investigation
- Garbage truck crashed into Ilion building, no word on injuries