UPDATE - New York State Police confirm one person was killed in a two-car crash in Marcy, Tuesday evening.
In a news release, police said their investigation revealed a 2018 Subaru Legacy, driven by Shirley D. Stomierowski, 72, was traveling southbound on Mohawk Street when she crossed over into the northbound lane and sideswiping a 2016 Toyota Camry, driven by Marjorie Brower, 84. State police said Stomierowski’s vehicle then continued off the east side of the roadway.
Marjorie Brower was taken to St. Luke’s Healthcare with minor injuries. Shirley Stomierowski was rushed to St. Elizabeth Medical Center where she was pronounced dead.
State police did not say where the victims are from. They said the crash is still under investigation.
Mohawk Street was closed to traffic for several hours Tuesday evening for accident reconstruction. It reopened to traffic a little after 8:30 p.m.
MARCY, N.Y. - At least one person was seriously injured in a two-car crash in Marcy Tuesday evening, according to authorities.
The crash happened on Mohawk Street near the Thruway overpass shortly after 4:30 p.m. Crews with the Maynard Fire Department and New York State Police responded to the car accident.
"One vehicle was travel north, the other traveling south," Randy Caldwell, Maynard Fire Department said. "Both drivers were transported [to the hospital]. One driver possible serious physical injury and the accident is still under investigation."
Authorities have not released the names of those who were involved, but confirm there weren't any passengers in either vehicle - only a driver in each vehicle. The cause of the crash is still under investigation. No word of any tickets being issued.
- Four injured in Marcy two-car crash
- One killed in two-car crash in Marcy
- 2 injured in Marcy crash
- Coyote sightings in Marcy; two dogs killed
- 1 man hospitalized following crash in Marcy
- One injured, one ticketed in Marcy car accident
- Deputies say Marcy man stole car with ex-girlfriend in it, threatened to kill her
- 1 person hurt in 2-car crash in Marcy
- UPDATE: Crews respond to 2 separate crashes in Marcy area
- Rollover crash causes traffic delays on Route 49 in Marcy