UTICA, N.Y. -- A meet-and-greet event was held Friday for businesses interested in Utica’s proposed Nexus Center.
Subcontractors were encouraged to attend the session, which was organized by Gaetano Construction and The Pike Company at the Doubletree by Hilton Hotel on Lafayette Street in Utica.
The new sports facility would be adjacent to the Adirondack Bank Center, and would be designed for tournament-based recreation play, utilized for ice hockey, box lacrosse, soccer and e-sports.
In January, Gov. Andrew Cuomo announced that the sports complex will receive $22 million in state funding.
The center is part of the U District plan, which also includes a casino and a beer museum.
- Subcontractors gather for Nexus Center meet-and-greet
- Plans for Nexus Center push forward
- Nexus Center expected to open in December
- AUD Authority purchases Tartan Textile property for future Nexus Center
- Utica's Nexus Center slated to bank $22M from state budget
- Revenue from hotel tax increase will help fund Nexus Center
- Contractor, subcontractor on state project face fraud charge
- Officials break ground at site of new Nexus Center sports complex
- AHL players visit Arc Oneida-Lewis for special meet-and-greet
- Boilermaker and MVCC host 'American Ninja Warriors' meet and greet and presentation