UTICA, N.Y. -- A meet-and-greet event was held Friday for businesses interested in Utica’s proposed Nexus Center.
Subcontractors were encouraged to attend the session, which was organized by Gaetano Construction and The Pike Company at the Doubletree by Hilton Hotel on Lafayette Street in Utica.
The new sports facility would be adjacent to the Adirondack Bank Center, and would be designed for tournament-based recreation play, utilized for ice hockey, box lacrosse, soccer and e-sports.
In January, Gov. Andrew Cuomo announced that the sports complex will receive $22 million in state funding.
The center is part of the U District plan, which also includes a casino and a beer museum.
- Subcontractors gather for Nexus Center meet-and-greet
- AUD Authority purchases Tartan Textile property for future Nexus Center
- Utica's Nexus Center slated to bank $22M from state budget
- Contractor, subcontractor on state project face fraud charge
- AHL players visit Arc Oneida-Lewis for special meet-and-greet
- UC students gathering Wednesday night
- MVHS gathers downtown hospital supporters
- Father of Kurt Wyman among special guests expected to greet Trump in Rome
- Facebook adds feature to block data gathering
- Polish community gathers to honor war hero