NBC Olympics host Mike Tirico reflects on his first time hosting primetime Olympic coverage, the U.S. women’s hockey team's gold medal game, and the Games's impact on diplomatic relations between North and South Korea. Plus The Podium team tells the story of chance meeting between North Korean cheerleaders and two young South Koreans at the Games.
The Podium publishes daily episodes, recapping the day’s events and biggest competitors from the 18 days competition in PyeongChang. Vox Media will produce the podcast on the ground in PyeongChang.
The podcast can be found on Apple Podcasts, Art19, Google Play, Spotify and Stitcher.
- The Podium Day 16: Mike Tirico reflects; a meeting between North and South Koreans
- The Podium Day 9: Nathan Chen's rebound; Jonny Moseley's influence
- The Podium Day 14: Shib Sibs, Announcing for visually impaired
- The Podium Day 15: Maame Biney, Norway's dominance
- German juggernaut sweeps historic large hill podium
- U.S. halfpipe skiers eye possible podium sweep
- Coach Sarah Murray not leaving South Koreans after Olympics
- The 'Garlic Girls': South Korean curlers a global sensation
- Day 5: The unified Korean hockey team and life inside North Korea; Mary Carillo
- Day 3: David Chang guest hosts The Podium, continues mission to understand curling