Areas Affected: Madison; Northern Oneida; Onondaga; Seneca; Southern Cayuga; Southern Oneida; Yates
...HEAT ADVISORY REMAINS IN EFFECT FROM 1 PM THIS AFTERNOON TO
8 PM EDT THURSDAY...
* WHAT...Heat index values in the mid 90`s expected this afternoon and mid to upper 90`s Thursday afternoon.
* WHERE...Northern Oneida, Yates, Seneca, Southern Cayuga, Onondaga, Madison and Southern Oneida counties.
* WHEN...From 1 PM this afternoon to 8 PM EDT Thursday.
* IMPACTS...Hot temperatures and high humidity may cause heat illnesses to occur.
* ADDITIONAL DETAILS... Heat index values may approach 95 degrees Friday afternoon in spots.
Drink plenty of fluids, stay in an air-conditioned room, stay out of the sun, and check up on relatives and neighbors. Young children and pets should never be left unattended in vehicles under any circumstances. Take extra precautions if you work or spend time outside. When possible reschedule strenuous activities to early morning or evening. Know the signs and symptoms of heat exhaustion and heat stroke. Wear lightweight and loose fitting clothing when possible. To reduce risk during outdoor work, the Occupational Safety and Health Administration recommends scheduling frequent rest breaks in shaded or air conditioned environments. Anyone overcome by heat should be moved to a cool and shaded location. Heat stroke is an emergency! Call 9 1 1.