Areas Affected: Madison; Onondaga; Southern Oneida
...LAKE EFFECT SNOW WARNING REMAINS IN EFFECT UNTIL 1 PM EST THIS
* WHAT...Heavy lake effect snow. Additional snow accumulations of up to two inches.
* WHERE...Onondaga, Madison and Southern Oneida counties.
* WHEN...Until 1 PM EST this afternoon.
* IMPACTS...Plan on slippery road conditions. The hazardous conditions could impact the morning commute. Experimental content below, do not use operationally Please see below links for more information on this experiment http://www.weather.gov/buf/polygon_pdd http://www.nws.noaa.gov/os/notification/ pns15lake_effect_snowaaa.htm To view the experimental polygons please see: http://www.weather.gov/buf/lespolygon COORD...4318 7564 4316 7588 4325 7616 4324 7645 4309 7609 4300 7543 4309 7541 TIME Y20M02D20T0600Z-Y20M02D20T0900Z
If you must travel, keep an extra flashlight, food, and water in your vehicle in case of an emergency. The latest road conditions for the state you are calling from can be obtained by calling 5 1 1.
Areas Affected: Southern Herkimer
...WINTER WEATHER ADVISORY REMAINS IN EFFECT UNTIL 1 PM EST THIS
* WHAT...Lake Effect Snow expected. Total snow accumulations of 1 to 3 inches with locally up to 4 inches possible. The highest amounts are expected south of the Thruway in the southwestern portion of the county.
* WHERE...Southern Herkimer County.
* WHEN...Until 1 PM EST Thursday.
* IMPACTS...Plan on slippery road conditions. The hazardous conditions could impact the Thursday morning commute.
Slow down and use caution while traveling.