Areas Affected: Albany; Columbia; Dutchess; Fulton; Greene; Hamilton; Herkimer; Montgomery; Rensselaer; Saratoga; Schenectady; Schoharie; Ulster; Warren; Washington
SEVERE THUNDERSTORM WATCH 192 IS IN EFFECT UNTIL 900 PM EDT FOR THE FOLLOWING LOCATIONS NY . NEW YORK COUNTIES INCLUDED ARE ALBANY BROOME CAYUGA CHEMUNG CHENANGO COLUMBIA CORTLAND DELAWARE DUTCHESS ESSEX FULTON GREENE HAMILTON HERKIMER LEWIS LIVINGSTON MADISON MONTGOMERY ONEIDA ONONDAGA ONTARIO OSWEGO OTSEGO RENSSELAER SARATOGA SCHENECTADY SCHOHARIE SCHUYLER SENECA STEUBEN SULLIVAN TIOGA TOMPKINS ULSTER WARREN WASHINGTON WAYNE YATES
Areas Affected: Broome; Chemung; Chenango; Cortland; Delaware; Madison; Oneida; Onondaga; Otsego; Sullivan; Tioga; Tompkins
SEVERE THUNDERSTORM WATCH 192 REMAINS VALID UNTIL 9 PM EDT THIS EVENING FOR THE FOLLOWING AREAS IN NEW YORK THIS WATCH INCLUDES 12 COUNTIES IN CENTRAL NEW YORK BROOME CHEMUNG CHENANGO CORTLAND DELAWARE MADISON ONEIDA ONONDAGA OTSEGO SULLIVAN TIOGA TOMPKINS IN PENNSYLVANIA THIS WATCH INCLUDES 7 COUNTIES IN NORTHEAST PENNSYLVANIA BRADFORD LACKAWANNA LUZERNE PIKE SUSQUEHANNA WAYNE WYOMING THIS INCLUDES THE CITIES OF BINGHAMTON, CORTLAND, DELHI, ELMIRA, HALLSTEAD, HAMILTON, HAWLEY, HAZLETON, HONESDALE, ITHACA, MILFORD, MONTICELLO, MONTROSE, NORWICH, ONEIDA, ONEONTA, OWEGO, ROME, SAYRE, SCRANTON, SYRACUSE, TOWANDA, TUNKHANNOCK, UTICA, WALTON, WAVERLY, AND WILKES-BARRE.
Areas Affected: Cayuga; Madison; Onondaga; Seneca
The National Weather Service in Binghamton has issued a
* Flood Advisory for... Northwestern Seneca County in central New York... Northwestern Madison County in central New York... Northwestern Cayuga County in central New York... Northern Onondaga County in central New York...
* Until 1030 PM EDT.
* At 431 PM EDT, Doppler radar indicated heavy rain due to thunderstorms. This will cause minor flooding in the advisory area. Around one inch of rain has already fallen and more thunderstorms are expected.
* Some locations that will experience flooding include... Syracuse, Clay, Cicero, Lysander, Van Buren, Baldwinsville, North Syracuse, Solvay, Sennett and Minoa.
Turn around, don`t drown when encountering flooded roads. Most flood deaths occur in vehicles.
Areas Affected: Jefferson; Lewis; Oswego
The National Weather Service in Buffalo has issued a
* Severe Thunderstorm Warning for... Southeastern Jefferson County in central New York... West central Lewis County in central New York... Northeastern Oswego County in central New York...
* Until 900 PM EDT..
* At 812 PM EDT, a severe thunderstorm was located over Sandy Island Beach State Park, moving northeast at 30 mph. HAZARD...60 mph wind gusts and quarter size hail. SOURCE...Radar indicated. IMPACT...Minor damage to vehicles is possible. Expect wind damage to roofs, siding, and trees.
* Locations impacted include... Sandy Island Beach State Park, Pulaski, Adams, Barnes Corners, Adams Center, Southwick Beach State Park, Whetstone Gulf State Park, Richland, Denmark and Rodman. This includes Interstate 81 between exits 36 and 44. HAIL...1.00IN WIND...60MPH
For your protection move to an interior room on the lowest floor of a building.